Crystal Antlers & Vinny and the Curse @ The Rainbow

Sensational gig. Crystal Antler's Andrew has comfortably found a shoegazing corner in my playlist since then, and Vinny and the Curse sounded so raw and unpolished - but in a good way, kind of like Velvet Underground meets The Who meets The White Stripes. Or not.

They were just plain cool.







I'm not sure I'm a big fan of the venue, though. It looks like a cave, which in itself is not a bad thing, all my favorite clubs in Bucharest look like caves, but seriously, water on the floor?

I'm not going to say anything about the lighting, you're probably bored of my constant whining on this subject...

...and yet, I can't help myself. The only time I had worse lighting at a gig was at O2 Academy 3. You're wondering why I'm not linking to the pictures? Well, that's how bad it was.

Plus, although it served me faithfully all these years, my poor old 350D can't really cope anymore. I'm in need of new gear.

Now, the photos:


IMG_0010 (Large)

IMG_0096 (Large)

IMG_0267 (Large)

IMG_0423 (Large)

IMG_0179 (Large)

Comments

Popular Posts